Due to repeater issues and the threat of widespread severe storms likely, Central Carolina SKYWARN will run on both the 146.88 repeater and the Carolina 440 Link System. Spotters may choose whichever repeater works best for them to make a severe weather report. Frequencies for the Carolina 440 Link System may be found at www.carolina440.net. Reports may also be posted to the Central Carolina SKYWARN Facebook page.
The National Weather is looking for these types of reports:
- Hail – any size initially; then penny size, ¾” diameter or larger thereafter
- Measured wind speeds of 50 mph or greater
- Flooding and flash flooding where none normally occurs
- Rotating wall clouds, funnel clouds, or tornadoes
- Damage caused by high winds such as downed limbs and trees and their approximate diameter and building and roof damage.