Central Carolina SKYWARN will activate for this event per the direction of the Raleigh National Weather service. We will activate on the 146.88 repeater late in the afternoon when the precip arrives and do a winter weather net at the top of each hour until midnight. We will resume Tuesday morning at 6am for the duration of the event or until the NWS directs us to stand down. We will monitor in between nets for any changeovers in precipitation.
Spotter reports should include the following information:
- Name, call sign, and spotter number if any
- Precipitation type (rain, freezing rain, sleet, or snow)
- Intensity of precipitation (light, moderate or heavy)
- Changeovers in precipitation and time
- Accumulation or ice accretion
- Impacts such as road conditions (particularly any roads that are impassable or closed), sustained power outages (not just blinking), and downed limbs/trees from ice.
Our backup repeater will be the 147.105 repeater with a tone of 82.5 Hz located in Broadway, NC.
Folks may make reports via the SKYWARN net or on the Central Carolina SKYWARN Facebook page.
The SKYWARN Net may also be monitored via live-streamed audio at www.broadcastify.com.
Hope to hear your personal spotter report later today!